When discussing the topic of nutritional supplements, people usually fall into two camps. The first believe that dietary supplements are useless, because the generations of our ancestors did very well without them. Their opponents believe that in our difficult time without additives nowhere: the deteriorating environmental situation and unbalanced nutrition are to blame. It's time to figure out what dietary supplements are and what they are for.
Dietary supplements are natural preparations made on the basis of plant, animal or mineral raw materials and aimed at the formation of enzymes and the normalization of certain body systems.
What is the difference between dietary supplements and drugs?
• Taking dietary supplements is intended to prevent diseases, strengthen the immune system and speed up the healing process, and not to treat or eliminate the symptoms of diseases.
• Dietary supplements can be taken throughout life, taking breaks, and medications (if we are not talking about chronic diseases) are designed for course intake.
• Medicines are sold only in pharmacies, dietary supplements can also be bought in supermarkets, fitness centers, online stores.
Who needs to take dietary supplements?
People experiencing increased physical and mental stress, athletes, people on diets (including vegetarian), with increased fatigue, exposure to stress, during recovery from illnesses, during seasonal colds. Each person should definitely carefully monitor their vitamin and microelement deficiencies and discuss with a specialist options for replenishing them.
Another difference between dietary supplements and medicines is that dietary supplements are not subject to mandatory clinical trials, since it is believed that natural substances consumed within reason will not harm the body.
How to choose the right dietary supplements?
In order not to get lost in the variety of dietary supplements produced and choose the best, be guided by the presence of a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice ) certificate. This certificate guarantees the impeccable quality of the drug, namely:
• the drug is made from natural raw materials grown in ecologically clean areas;
• applied the latest production technologies;
• storage conditions of products are under strict control;
• the conditions of product transportation are observed.